Saturday, February 24, 2007

A Possibility for a Future AIDS Cure


I based this posting on the article: How to Beat AIDS? I read it on the website: http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1590570,00.html. The subject is cures and the author is Howard Chua-Eoan. This is what I learned.

Now I read this article and it surprised me and gave me hope for the future. Some experts and general people were beginning to give up on the idea that maybe there is a cure for AIDS. Now, experts have found, that there may be a glimpse of hope for this disease that the world is suffering from. What happens is that there is a rare antibody called B12 that latches on to the AIDS virus and it is stable through the virus' many mutations. This isn't the cure because B12 only occurs in certain individuals, but it is now the template for a possible AIDS vaccine.

Blog posting by Jay Reist.

No comments: