Thursday, February 15, 2007

Mid- point entry para mi libro

I am almost done with the book, I am reading, and I must say it is pretty good. Just to clear things up, I thought I would be writing 10 entrys, but I decided againist it. So this is my mid- point entry (obviously).

The blurb (The back of the book says):

Do we really use only 10 percent of our brains?
Is MT. Everest truly the world's tallest mountain?
Did Einstein actally fail school?
Does your soul actually weigh 21 grams?
Did NASA fake the moon landing?
Do so-called truth serums realy work?

Find out the answers to these intriguing questions and many more in Great - Mythconceptions: The Science Behind the Myths, as author Dr. Karl Kruszelnicki offers funny facts and dizzying discoveries about some of science's greatest myths. Told in an accessible and quirky, humorous style, Great Mythconceptins is a captivating expose of all things scientific!

What I have found out while reading this book:

This book is so much fun to read because you learn so many things that you had never even thought about before. I mean like did you know that someone actually STOLE Einstein's brain? People took it out after he died, so they could study the size and such. And when they did study it they found that the parietal lobe was 15% larger than the average parietal lobe is.

Just random things like that are what I learn in this book, and it's nice to know some new things that are so funny and crazy! And I am sure that all of you will hear some from me when I finish readng the whole book! And you should read this book as well!

Crazy Cat Lady

1 comment:

Michael Gatton said...

At least a short answer to the questions you posed would be nice. Then the reader can be surprised and want to know more. I suppose the title of the book would lead one to think that the answer to each question is "no," but I doubt the answer in all cases is so clear cut.