Field Guide to Human Origins I expected a little more story oriented, but aside from that the first chapter seemed fine, (Although apparently the author seems to think he's hilarious.) a lot of information, good facts, and I expect to get a good view of the Human of evolution from this book.
One of the most interesting chapters was the one which included the "myth of the missing link" which commented rather harshly on people who believed in the missing link theory. It pointed quite a few mistakes in the theory, but at least described why people could easily accept and come up with the theory.
Most of what I've learned are a few more things about our relation to chimps. But mostly the book took me on an investigation to find out how we started walking up rite. Describing different theories and points of view from different scientists.
truly nobodies, Devil'sAdvocate
Thursday, February 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
Please say more about this "missing link" fallacy. What is it and why is it wrong? Does the term itself have any real meaning to an evolutionary biologist?
Post a Comment