Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Phineas Gage-MIDPOINT ENTRY!!!!

So I am reading Phineas Gage by John Fleischman which is about this guy Phineas Gage, a railroad construction foreman, who had a hole in his head. It happened in vermont 1848, a thirteen-pund iron rod was shot though his brain. He survived another 11 yeard and became one of the biggest cases in Brain science history. But the accident forever changed Phineas and what happened inside his brain tells you alot about how the brain works.
So far I have learned a lot from this book. Mostly about how the brain really controls who you are and how your personalaty can change if you have an accident with your brain like Phineas. I also learned a lot about how which parts of the brain control what like with the eyes and ears and other things. This book also had a lot to talk about doctors and how different they are now and then.
"One popular parlor game is reading ones charactor by feeling the skull for bumps and dips". I found this very interesting because its like the different parts of your brain are different personalaty trates. I thought that was cool.

2 comments:

Michael Gatton said...

Hi Killer -

I'm curious about this qeuote:

"One popular parlor game is reading ones charactor by feeling the skull for bumps and dips"

Does that really work?

hprocks said...

Woah that sounds really cool.
I'm glad you're enjoying it.
*haha*