Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Pre-Reading "An Inconvenient Truth"



Summary:
We all know that are climate problem seems to be happening slowly, but it's actually occurring very fast and, it is a HUGE emergency.The Chinese expression of the word crisis has two parts.The first is messaging Danger. The second is a chance for Opportunity. Before making change we have to be reminded that this is a major crisis. Why do are leaders ignore this desperate call for change? Is it because it's easier to ignore it? Maybe, but we all know that the problem doesn't disappear because it's not visual.

Why I Selected this book:
I am interested in learning a lot about globe warming because, I believe that it's biggest problem in the world. Way bigger then immigration or terrorism. It's really shocking how it's happening. Look at it this way , it barley even snow this year, and even when it did it it was didn't last at all.That's why I picked this book, I wanted to know how I can help.

My Expectations:
I think I'm going to learn way more then what i can do to help global warming but, the history before and, how it started. Maybe Al Gore's take on the issue. I am expecting too be an expert on global warming when I am finished with the book and, to pass on the importance of it.

By: Gisella

1 comment:

Michael Gatton said...

In your next entry I hope you can make some comparisons with the movie - if you've seen it.