Sunday, January 7, 2007

Pre-reading Entry

The book i am reading is the Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat and Other Clinical Tales by Oliver Sacks.

The back of the book says "Oliver Sacks' The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat tells the stories of individuals afflicted with fantastic perceptual and intellectual aberrations: patients who have lost their memories and with them the greater part of their parts; who are no longer able to recognize people and common objects; who are stricken with violent tics and grimaces or who shout involuntary obscenities; whose limbs have become alien; who have been dismissed as retarded yet are gifted with uncanny artistic or mathematical talents."
I chose this book because from the title and the description the book looked like it was interesting. And i hope that it is interesting and that it isn't dull because then i will be disapointed....

1 comment:

Rachel Hanson said...

This book did seem quite interesting when we were told about it in class, and I hope it lives up to your expectations! I look forward to reading your reactions to it!