Friday, January 26, 2007

BAD astronmoy

I am reading bad Astronomy by Philip Plait. This book is all about astronomy. But unlike most astronomy books; this book focuses on clearing up misinterpretations of science. It explains how advertisments like "lightyears ahead" don't make sense... and it explains why.

I chose this book because I am interested in astronomy. I love reading about space, stars, planets and galexies, ect. I find it the most interesting science that there is. I expect it to be really interesting, and I'm sure I'll love correcting people when they talk about or use "bad astronomy" in thier everyday language =].

I expect it to be difficult, though because of all the scientific words I will endure. But I guess I'll just have to get a dictionary and find out what the long, difficult words mean. But I don't expect it to be too hard seeing as it's meant to teach regularly educated people about science, not just super-smart people with PHDs.

I hope i find it interesting instead of falling asleep reading it. If it's dull I will be very dissapointed. I've started reading it, I've been through a few chapters and sofar it's not exactly thrilling and some chapters I find a bit dull... But I'm sticking through, hoping that Philip Plait will soon write about my favorite subject (black holes!) if not I'll just reasearch it on my own.


-Sydney